Program: Child Care Center (Los Angeles County)
Salary: $13.43 – $13.87 per hour
Starting salary rate may vary depending on the teaching permit presented
Status: Full Time
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the supervision of the Site Supervisor, the Teacher, is responsible for early childhood education that is geared toward the overall goal of social competence and school readiness, which is age and developmentally appropriate for the children. Responsible for the classroom operation including, planning, curriculum, and child assessment implementation, and supervision of children. Will strive to implement a quality program and to promote the positive physical, mental, emotional, and social development of the child in a pleasant and rewarding learning atmosphere.
- Must have 12 units in Early Childhood Education, high school diploma or GED.
- At a minimum, must possess a valid Associate Teacher Permit from the CA Commission of Teacher Credential.
- Minimum of one (1) year of classroom experience working in a pre-school/child care setting.
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written
- Ability to speak, read and write English well enough to understand and be understood by others.
- Ability to relate to diverse groups of people including low-income families.
- Sensitive to others needs.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Sincere commitment to providing services to children and the community.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly to varied situations.
- Must meet State health requirements: Must submit to a pre-employment physical examination and
- Tuberculosis (TB) clearance at the time of employment, to be renewed every four years.
- Must submit to a flu vaccine once a year.
- Must provide vaccination records for influenza, pertussis and measles, at the time of employment.
- Criminal Records (e.g. Livescan Fingerprinting), Child Abuse Index, Sexual Offender Registry. Must be finger printed and cleared through the Justice Department. Fingerprints clearance must be active and on file with the Justice Department.
- Must be 18 years of age to apply.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
- Educational transcripts are required.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) required.
For more information about MAOF, please our website at www.maof.org or visit our Human Resource Department located at 401 N. Garfield Ave., Montebello, CA. 90640. Faxed resumes and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.