$11.49 – $13.09 per hour with an Associate Teacher Permit.
Starting salary rate may vary depending on the teaching permit presented.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Under the supervision of the Site Supervisor, the Teacher, is responsible for early childhood education that is geared toward the overall goal of social competence and school readiness, which is age and developmentally appropriate for the children. Responsible for the classroom operation including, planning, curriculum, and child assessment implementation, and supervision of children. Will strive to implement a quality program and to promote the positive physical, mental, emotional, and social development of the child in a pleasant and rewarding learning atmosphere.
- Must have a minimum of 6 units in Early Childhood Education, high school diploma or GED.
- At a minimum, must possess a valid Associate Teacher Permit from the CA Commission of Teacher Credential. If do not currently have an Associate Teacher’s permit, will be placed on a professional education plan to pursue one within a year.
- Minimum of one (1) year of classroom experience working in a pre-school/child care setting.
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written
- Ability to speak, read and write English well enough to understand and be understood by others.
- Ability to relate to diverse groups of people including low-income families.
- Sensitive to others needs.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Sincere commitment to providing services to children and the community.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly to varied situations.
- Must meet State health requirements including passing a physical examination as a condition of employment, and must provide verification of a TB clearance at the time of employment.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared through the Justice Department. Fingerprints clearance must be active and on file with the Justice Department.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
- Mandatory CPR and Basic First Aid certificate, which employee is responsible to maintain, as a condition of employment for the duration of their employment in this position.
- Educational transcripts are required.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) required.
For more information about MAOF, please our website at www.maof.org or visit our MAOF Montebello Facility 401 N. Garfield Ave Montebello, CA. Faxed resumes and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.