Salary Range: $14.83
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the supervision of the Site Supervisor, the Teacher, is responsible for early childhood education that is geared toward the overall goal of social competence and school readiness, which is age and developmentally appropriate for the children. Responsible for the classroom operation including, planning, curriculum, and child assessment implementation, and supervision of children. Will strive to implement a quality program and to promote the positive physical, mental, emotional, and social development of the child in a pleasant and rewarding learning atmosphere.
- Must have 12 units in Early Childhood Education, high school diploma or GED.
- At a minimum, must possess a valid Associate Teacher Permit from the CA Commission of Teacher Credential.
- Minimum of one (1) year of classroom experience working in a pre-school/child care setting.
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written
- Ability to speak, read and write English well enough to understand and be understood by others.
- Ability to relate to diverse groups of people including low-income families.
- Sensitive to others needs.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Sincere commitment to providing services to children and the community.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly to varied situations.
- Must meet State health requirements and must pass pre-employment Health Screening, T.B. Test and Drug Screening
- Must provide vaccination records for influenza, pertussis, and measles at the time of employment, annual requirement thereafter.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared through the Department of justice (DOJ). Fingerprints clearance must be active and on file with the DOJ.
- Mandatory First Aid and CPR certificate, responsible to maintain, to be renewed every year.
- Educational transcripts are required.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred.
For more information about MAOF, please our website at www.maof.org or visit our Quail Run Office located at 11 Quail Run Circle, Suite 101, Salinas, CA. 93907. Faxed resumes and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.