Salary: $14.84 per hour.
Starting salary rate may vary depending on the teaching permit presented.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Ensure proper care and supervision for each and every child at all times and adheres to the standards of conduct. Ensures that classroom and all equipment are maintained in a clean and safe condition. Develops and maintains strong and caring relationships with children and families. Ensures compliance with applicable agency policies and procedures and any of the following program regulations as they apply to the specific program assigned to: Head Start, CDE Title 5 and title 22 Community Care Licensing. Completes ongoing observations and lesson plans to support assessment and portfolios. Must be familiar with the DRDP assessment tool.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of 24 units in Early Childhood Education and/or Child Development. A BA degree in Early
- Childhood Education and/or Child Development is highly desirable. If do not currently have a BA, will be placed on a professional staff development plan and required to continuously complete courses towards degree. Must follow educational plan.
- A California Child Development Teacher Permit, or higher, from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing required.
- Minimum of one (1) years paid experience working with children 3-5 required. Experience working with Infant/toddlers is highly desirable.
- Ability to relate to diverse groups of people including low-income families.
- Sensitive to others needs.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Sincere commitment to providing services to children and the community.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly to varied situations.
- Must meet State health requirements including passing a physical examination as a condition of employment, and must provide verification of a TB clearance at the time of employment.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared through the Justice Department. Fingerprints clearance must be active and on file with the Justice Department.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
- Mandatory CPR and Basic First Aid certificate, which employee is responsible to maintain, as a condition of employment for the duration of their employment in this position.
- Educational transcripts are required.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) required.
For more information about MAOF, please our website at www.maof.org or visit our Human Resource Department located at 401 N. Garfield Ave., Montebello, CA. 90640.. Faxed resumes and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.