Salary: $16.38 – 22.03 per hour
Closing Date: Open until filled
A staff person who provides planned opportunities for children in activities designed to promote social, physical and cognitive growth and development. Responsible to plan individual and group activities that are designed to promote each child’s individual strengths as a result of ongoing assessments and observations. Incorporates parent’s goals for their child into the daily activities.
- Must have a minimum of 24 units in Early Childhood Education and/or Child Development. An AA degree in Early
- Childhood Education and/or Child Development. If do not currently have a BA, will be placed on a professional staff development plan and required to continuously complete courses towards degree. Must follow educational plan.
- A California Child Development Teacher Permit, or higher, from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing required. May not be waived.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two (2) years paid experience working with children 0-5 required. Experience working with Infant/toddlers is highly desirable.
- Six (6 )infant/toddler units are highly preferred. If do not currently have, will be required to complete within 1 year of employment.
- Must meet State health requirements including passing a physical examination as a condition of employment, and must provide verification of a TB clearance at the time of employment.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared through the Justice Department. Fingerprints clearance must be active and on file with the Justice Department.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
- Mandatory CPR and Basic First Aid certificate, which employee is responsible to maintain, as a condition of employment for the duration of their employment in this position.
- Educational transcripts are required.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) required.
For more information about MAOF, please our website at www.maof.org or visit our Human Resource Department located at 401 N. Garfield Ave., Montebello, CA. 90640. Faxed resumes and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.