Title: Teacher I or Teacher II
Program: HS/CSPP Partnership Program
Salary Range: Teacher I $16.38 – $17.21 per hour
Teacher II $20.46 – $22.03 per hour
Openings: 6 Openings
Status: Full Time
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Ensure proper care and supervision for each and every child at all times and adheres to the standards of conduct. Ensures that classroom and all equipment are maintained in a clean and safe condition. Develops and maintains strong and caring relationships with children and families. Ensures compliance with applicable agency policies and procedures and any of the following program regulations as they apply to the specific program assigned to: Head Start, CDE Title 5 and title 22 Community Care Licensing. Completes ongoing observations and lesson plans to support assessment and portfolios. Must be familiar with the DRDP assessment tool.
- Regular Teacher Permit from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- At a minimum, must possess an AA Degree in CDE/ECE.
- If candidate does not have a BA degree, must follow an educational plan, and continue going to school to obtain a BA
- Degree in CD/ECE, or related field.
- Proof of enrollment required with no less than 3 semester units or 4 quarter units per year.
- Minimum of one (1) year paid experience working with children 3-5 required. Experience working with Infant/toddlers is highly desirable.
- Ability to relate to diverse groups of people including low-income families.
- Displays willingness to make effective decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Display the ability to prioritize and plan work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Sincere commitment to providing services to children and the community.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly to varied situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written.
- State health requirements including health/physical examination and Tuberculosis (TB) clearances at the time of employment.
- Vaccination records for influenza, pertussis and measles at the time of employment, annual requirement thereafter.
- Fingerprinted and cleared through the Justice Department. Fingerprints clearance must be active and on file with the Justice Department. Criminal Records (e.g. Live Scan Fingerprinting),
- Child Abuse Index Check, Sexual Offender Registry.
- Valid California driver’s license, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
- Mandatory CPR and Basic First Aid certificate, which employee is responsible to maintain, as a condition of employment for the duration of their employment in this position.
- Educational transcripts are required.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) required.
For more information about MAOF, please our website at www.maof.org or visit our Human Resource Department located at 401 N. Garfield Ave., Montebello, CA. 90640. Faxed resumes and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.