$11.46 per hour
Closing Date: Open until filled
To assist in the instruction and care of the children and to provide for adequate adult supervision of children. Under the supervision of the Teacher, the Teacher Assistant Assist in developing the social learning and physical skills of the children. Is required to assist the Teacher with the implementation of safety rules and supervise the children’s activities in order to insure their safety.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six (6) units in child development or early childhood education.
- Three (3) Infant and Toddler units are preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of classroom experience working in a pre-school/child care setting.
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written
- Ability to speak, read and write English well enough to understand and be understood by others.
- Ability to relate to diverse groups of people including low-income families.
- Sensitive to others needs.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Sincere commitment to providing services to children and the community.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly to varied situations.
- Must meet State health requirements including passing a physical examination as a condition of employment, and must provide verification of a TB clearance at the time of employment.
- Must provide vaccination records for influenza, pertussis, and measles at the time of employment, annual requirement thereafter.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared through the Justice Department. Fingerprints clearance must be active and on file with the Justice Department.
- Mandatory CPR and Basic First Aid certificate, which employee is responsible to maintain, as a condition of employment for the duration of their employment in this position.
- Educational transcripts are required.
- Bilingual (Spanish / Vietnamese) preferred.
For more information about MAOF, please our website at www.maof.org or visit our Santa Ana Pre-school located at 2033 W. Edinger Ave, Santa Ana, CA. 92704. Faxed resumes and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
It is the MAOF’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees, without regard to race, color, religion (including dress and grooming practices), national origin, sex (including breast feeding and conditions relating to breast feeding and childbirth)gender, gender identity and expression, age (except where gender or age is a bona-fide occupational qualification, as defined by law), ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, status as a Vietnam-era veteran or qualified disabled veteran, or physical or mental disability or medical condition (as defined under state or federal employment laws) (except when the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and when the individual cannot be reasonably accommodated) ), genetic characteristics, genetic information, and any other characteristic or practice which is protected by law.