Title: Teacher Assistant
Program: Pre-school (San Bernardino County)
Openings: 1 Position
Status: Full Time
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To assist in the instruction and care of the children and to provide for adequate adult supervision of children. Under the supervision of the Teacher, the Teacher Assistant Assist in developing the social learning and physical skills of the children. Is required to assist the Teacher with the implementation of safety rules and supervise the children’s activities in order to insure their safety.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six (6) units in child development or early childhood education.
- Minimum of one (1) year of classroom experience working in a pre-school/child care setting.
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written
- Ability to speak, read and write English well enough to understand and be understood by others.
- Ability to relate to diverse groups of people including low-income families.
- Sensitive to others needs.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Sincere commitment to providing services to children and the community.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly to varied situations.
- Must meet State health requirements: Must submit to a pre-employment physical examination and Tuberculosis (TB) clearance at the time of employment, to be renewed every four years.
- Must submit to a flu vaccine once a year.
- Must provide vaccination records for influenza, pertussis and measles, at the time of employment.
- Criminal Records (e.g. Livescan Fingerprinting), Child Abuse Index, Sexual Offender Registry. Must be finger printed and cleared through the Justice Department. Fingerprints clearance must be active and on file with the Justice Department.
- Must be 18 years of age to apply.
- Educational transcripts are required.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) required.
For more information about MAOF, please our website at www.maof.org or visit our Freemont Pre-school, located at 9950 Fremont Ave, Montclair, CA. 91763. Faxed resumes and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.