Commensurate on Experience
Closing Date: Open until filled
To maintain an ongoing teacher-training program for the MAOF Childcare and Preschool Program that will conform with the established goals and objectives and all contractual commitments to the State Department of Education. Staff development supervisor will assist in developing and meeting strategic program goals and objectives, and ensure service integration and coordination. Follow the related administrative functions of the program to achieve compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local Preschool, Community Care Licensing, Child and Adult Care Food Program, and agency contracts, as applicable. Staff Development Supervisor ensures adherence to organization and program policies, standards and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field and a current Center Supervisor’s Permit from the California Commission of Teacher Credential;
- Must have demonstrated experience in the improvement of (pre-school) instruction of at least three years;
- Capability of participating directly in classroom teaching supervision and teacher direction and development by direct involvement including demonstration teaching;
- Possess the ability to evaluate, analyze and identify areas needed improvement in teaching;
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and in writing, with staff, clients, professional organizations, and community leaders;
- Interpersonal skills that support constructive and collaborative workplace relationships;
- Strong ability for critical thinking and analytical processing, problem solving, organization, group facilitation, and the ability to work well with others;
- Capability of participating directly in classroom teaching supervision and teacher direction and development by direct involvement including demonstration teaching.
- Must be available for out-of-town travel.
- Must meet State health requirements including passing a physical examination as a condition of employment, and must provide verification of a TB clearance at the time of employment.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared through the Justice Department. Fingerprints clearance must be active and on file with the Justice Department.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
- Must provide vaccination records for influenza, pertussis, and measles at the time of employment, annual requirement thereafter.
- Educational transcripts are required.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) required.
For more information about MAOF, please our website at www.maof.org or visit our MAOF Office located at 11 Quail Run Circle, Suite 101, Salinas, CA 93907. Faxed resumes and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.