- Referrals to licensed and exempt child care centers and family day care homes near your home or place of employment.
- Technical assistance for persons interested in becoming licensed to provide child care.
- Toy Lending Library- includes books, videos, toys as well as sleeping mats, cribs and high chairs.
- Quarterly newsletter and monthly bulletin with information on child care issues.
- Referrals to child and family-related services.
- Information about child care options for children with special needs.
- Free workshops on child care-related topics
- Technical assistance in completing applications for community services relating to child care.
- Community Resource Information Service Referrals to public and private social and community resources in our service area.
- Licensing meetings conducted in Spanish and English by the Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Division for persons wishing to become Family Day Care Home Providers.
To learn more about these resources or to obtain a referral, please click on the appropriate link below.
Los Angeles County Residents
Los Angeles County Resource & Referral Program
5657 E. Washington Blvd., Commerce, CA 90040
Monterey County Residents
Monterey County Resource & Referral Program
11 Quail Run Circle, Suite 101 Salinas, CA 93907
Residents of Other Counties
*This website has many other resources and links to programs that benefit families and children
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AND LINKS
TrustLine is California’s registry of in-home child care providers, tutors, in-home counselors, and child care staff at Ancillary Child Care Centers who have passed a background screening.
Mental Health Treatment Licensing – www.ccld.ca.gov
Consistent with the 2012 Budget Act and effective July 1, 2012, the California Department of Social Services is supporting licensing functions for mental health rehabilitation centers and psychiatric health facilities, as well as responsibility for overseeing the system that authorizes 72-hour holds.
LA County Office of Child Care LA County Office of Child Care Needs Assessment information
For licensing orientations please contact Community Care licensing at 323-981-3350. Para informacion sobre como aplicar para cuidar niños en su propia casa/departamento, favor de llamar al departamento de Licencia, Community Care Licensing al 323-981-3350