Program: MAOF Accounting Department
Openings: 1 Position
Status: Full Time
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under direct supervision of the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Specialist will ensure accurate processing and recording of the company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate payroll information, participate in daily date entry payroll processing.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- AA Degree preferred but not required.
- 3 years experience in nonprofit accounting preferred.
- 1 year experience payroll processing.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and understanding work related material.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel.
- Working knowledge of PayChex preferred but not required.
- Strong work ethics and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal with sensate and confidential material.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to interface with others.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Decision-making, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Fast learner, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Transmit and reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports, as assigned
- Process time cards and accurately pay all employees on scheduled pay days
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Prepare and maintain all payroll records
- Assist employees to understand their paycheck information and answer questions related to their pay
- Process manual check and relocation metrics
- Load and import files, as assigned
- Transmits payroll register to PayChex in the absence of the Payroll Supervisor
- Assist to complete reports with appropriate agencies such as quarterly EDD reports
- Maintain employee payroll files including updating and filing documents
- Other duties as assigned.
For more information about MAOF, please our website at www.maof.org or visit MAOF 401 N. Garfield Ave, Montebello, CA 90640. Faxed Resumes and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.