The Mexican American Opportunity Foundation (MAOF) is a non-profit, community-based organization that was established in 1963 in order to serve disadvantaged individuals and families in the Los Angeles area. MAOF is the largest Latino-oriented, family services organization in the United States, and has achieved this status by providing high quality social services and programs to those communities where the need is the greatest.
“The mission of the Mexican American Opportunity Foundation (MAOF) is to provide for the socio-economic betterment of the greater Latino community of California, while preserving the pride, values and heritage of the Mexican American culture. This is accomplished through programs in early childhood education and family services, job training, and senior lifestyle development throughout the multi-cultural communities served by MAOF.” MAOF is joined in this mission by government agencies, public and private foundations, and Corporate America.
MAOF, as the premier provider of comprehensive human services, will grow and extend its core programs to meet family group needs throughout California and beyond; contributing to a vibrant and self-sufficient Mexican American/Latino population.
- Education – MAOF values education as a tool for upward mobility and greater equality with an emphasis on early education and commitment to continuing education.
- Excellence – MAOF values high ethical standards and organizational excellence through the quality programs we offer and the dedicated professionals who provide our services.
- Innovation – MAOF values innovation as a cornerstone for growth and distinction by promoting creativity and implementing unique programs.
- Advocacy – MAOF values advocacy, based on research and knowledge, as a means of responding to community needs and ensuring opportunity for all.
- Culture – MAOF preserves and promotes the essence of the Mexican American culture and values the strength of a multi-cultural America.
- Partnerships – MAOF recognizes and values strong community partnerships through an engaged Board of Directors and with the support of civic and corporate leaders.