Title: License Vocational Nurse
Program: Head Start, (LA County)
Salary Range: DOE
Openings: 1 Position
Status: Full Time
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Ensures that children are up-to-date on an age appropriate schedule of well child care and provides expertise and guidance concerning the health and safety of the Head Start child; assist families in obtaining needed medical care by making referrals to appropriate community health care providers.
- Completion of licensed vocational nursing program from an accredited technical
educational institution. Pediatric or health education preferred
- One year nursing experience in community health plus nursing administration and
- Ability to plan, organize, allocate and control resources
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and related software programs
(Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must meet State health requirements: Must submit to a pre-employment physical examination and Tuberculosis (TB) clearance at the time of employment.
- Criminal Records (e.g. Livescan Fingerprinting), Child Abuse Index, Sexual Offender Registry. Must be finger printed and cleared through the Justice Department. Fingerprints clearance must be active and on file with the Justice Department.
- Must be 18 years of age to apply.
- Must have a current valid California driver’s license, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
- Red Cross Basic First Aide Certification and CPR Certificate are preferred
- Bilingual Spanish / English fluency required.
For more information about MAOF, please our website at www.maof.org or visit MAOF 401 N. Garfield Ave, Montebello, CA 90640. Faxed Resumes and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.